When Cider Met Donut
Since it was a hit on Twitter, I felt compelled to make one of the first few posts on this website be about two of my favorite things: a good drink and a good donut. Presenting the Eastciders Texas Honey Cider-glazed blueberry donut.
Here are the (super simple) directions:
- Get a blueberry donut.
- Heat up a sauce pan on high and pour half a can of Austin Eastcider’s Texas Honey Cider into it. Stir the whole time. Enjoy the other half of the can as a tasty beverage as you do so.
- Once the bubbles start popping up, drop a generous helping of butter into the pan. Let the two ingredients marinate as you stir.
- Soon, the glaze will start to thicken up a bit. Give it a few more minutes on the stove, transition the glaze to a bowl and then pop it in the freezer.
- The glaze now has to sit in the freezer for about 30 minutes until it has the consistency of birthday cake icing.
- Take the cold glaze and spread it over the blueberry donut. If it’s too solid, nuke the glaze in the microwave for no more than 5 -10 seconds. This will ensure an easy pour over the donut.
- Eat up.
Just in case you were curious, here’s the original Twitter post:
— Brennan McMahon (@WriterBrennan) November 5, 2017